Friday, April 20, 2012

Goons Inc. East Coast Pale Ale

In addition to steel blue skies, pristine white sand beaches, ultra-fresh and tasty produce and friendly and hardcase locals, here's another reason to visit Gisborne (my home town) on New Zealand's east cape (North Island).

I haven't been able to find out much about the makers of the East Coast Pale Ale (ECPA), other than it's brewed by Sunshine Breweries, the producers of the popular and well-established Gisborne Gold, on their behalf.

Back to the ECPA - for ideal drinking .... wait for a hot day (perfect for Bangkok), chill till ice cold and pour into a chilled glass. Give it a bit of time to settle then imbibe slowly to take in its sweet malty flavour and bloody amazing and refreshing goodness. Some better flavour profile descriptions here.

While I don't know too much about beer, I know what I like, and ECPA was head and shoulders above other brews quaffed during my recent visit to NZ including offerings from Moa, Mata, Emersons and Harringtons. Even my wine connoisseur sister really enjoyed her small glass of ECPA.

Would love to have this on tap every day but will have to wait till I next get back to Gissie. Would also love to have a tee-shirt of the label - any chance of one being produced?

More information
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment