Thursday, December 8, 2011

Songs Of The Year

Thank you Jhene Aiko for making R&B crazy, sexy and very, very cool again.

I'm a sucker for any Ronettes-inspired song and Lykkie backs up the wall-of-sound with a big, gutsy, and passionate vocal (in a good way, not like annoying American Idol screamers).

Vodka and tonic - a wonderful crooning performance from Mr National, Matt Beringer, beautifully complimented by Sharon Jones.

Beautiful dreamy, Duran Duran'ish sounding track (to my ears) that took me away to another place.

"What'ya gonna do when I Maa Nonu you!" Should have been NZ's official Rugby World song - finest sports song since "World In Motion."

1 comment:

  1. Mr Meng Yee... 'sup? Your work email bounced, so I'm pleased to see you alert and blogging...

    Just listened to "All Black Everything" and it made me laugh... chitk chitk

    Ping me sometime...

    ReplyDelete