Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday

It was a hell week in the orifice and Friday night was embraced like a long lost old friend.

This track nails the spirit of Friday night - though it'll probably mean more to a Kiwi-munter like me than others.

It takes me back to Friday nights in Auckland spent drinking, record shopping, playing football, band watching, swimming, BBQing, sitting on porches talking crap, driving around going nowhere, midnight runs to the video shop, burning toast and amazing shabbat dinners when my pal Jas would invite me over to his family's house.

I don't know anything about these guys but they deal with the real and blend humour and hip hop superbly - thanks to Nick Bollinger and his great Sampler show on Radio New Zealand for bringing Home Brew into my life. Happy Friday, mine's a Beerlao Dark.

Home Brew - Friday

Home Brew profiled

No comments:

Post a Comment